Friday 7 October 2011

DIY girls summer dress

This is the second little dress I made for my older daughter, they are such easy dresses to make. It only takes about 30 minutes to make the dress, then add 15-25 minutes if you do the pockets. I can't wait to get all dressed up with them tomorrow, I love weddings!

The fabric was from a garage sale last week, I got two supermarket bags of material for $4 each! So this dress would have cost under $1 (NZ) to make! I added some little pockets to the pattern to make it extra special!

The pockets in progress, I added a little pieces of lace 

Over locked all edges apart from sides, then sewed up sides, then over locked. Pressed the underarm, neck and bottom hems. After stitching the hems I threaded some lace through the front and back to create the straps






So this is the second dress finished, bring on the wedding! Fingers crossed it's a lovely spring day!


For the pattern measurements copy the pattern on my last blog, just add 2cm to the top, side and arm opening, then about 10cm to the hem. (This is for a three year old)
Happy sewing!




1 comment: