Tuesday 1 November 2011

The most beautiful vintage lace!

I have to admit I am a little obsessed with vintage lace, so I delighted with my finds yesterday afternoon... I went into one of my local vintage shops and the owner showed me these pieces of lace/crocheting that she hadn't put into the shop yet. She brought them from a lovely lady (who is 85 years old) and her Nana made them, so they are very, very vintage! I think the larger pieces are for the top of a dress? Well that's what I plan to do with it, now I need to make a gorgeous dress worthy of such a beautiful piece's of lace. I just about forgot the best part... only $15 (New Zealand) for the lot!!

 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for my blog post inspiration today!

    What a great find. You're smart to make friends with a vintage store owner! Those are beautiful and I love all the detail too. I can't imagine how many hours goes into making pieces like that all by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Leigh and will put you down for the Xmas decoration swap. Can you or Hols send me your email address and postal address? Thanks Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just gorgeous! My nana used to crochet lace pieces like this, I actually wouldn't mind trying my hand at them too, though I don't know if I have the patience to use such fine yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! The little ones will be so cute sewn on to dresses for the girls. Can't wait to see a finished dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I was given a bunch of vintage lace a while back and finally put some on a tshirt - I love it! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, i actually exhaled loudly when i saw these. absolutely beautiful, cracker find.

    ReplyDelete