Tuesday 11 June 2013

up-cycling clothing









I love sewing and re-inventing clothing and love merino for winter! Mum gave me some merino garments that she'd hardly worn, so I've been up-cycling them to make winter clothing for the girls. The cost of merino clothing for children blows me away, often being the same price (or more) than adults clothing!

I'm a big fan of up-cycling, it's so rewarding to get a finished garment in under half and hour! This was a women's cardigan (very short in length), I cut of the sleeves at the arm seam, cut about 5cm off the shoulders, took it in at the sides (about 15cm on each side, sewed and over locked), then reattached the arms (only using the bottom 25cm of each.) So easy and minimal work! 

Sometimes it can be a bit daunting the thought of sewing a whole garment, especially when you have limited time, so this is the perfect little winter project.

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Great minds... I just up-cycled my black merino cardigan into tights for Ada. Nice and stretchy so they were a great fit. Olive looks very cute x

    ReplyDelete